Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fabulous Flash



I have a new favorite tool - the paintbrush tool in Flash! If you have a Wacom tablet, the paintbrush tool does a pretty good job with pressure-sensitive thick and thins while drawing. Flash 8 also has the added feature of a Smoothing setting (in the Properties panel), so you get really nice smooth clean lines.

Since we are going to be using Flash a lot more at work, we spent all of last week training. I sorta did the teaching the first three days, and then we had a real trainer come - Ryan Simmons. He taught us some great tricks for character animation. Check out his site for some fun animations, tutorials, characters you can download, etc.

The rabbit started out as one of many silly doodles while we were practicing using the different drawing and coloring tools. Then I ended up using it when we were learning some lip syncing tips. (Click on the rabbit to see the animation - you'll need Flash Player 8 if you don't have it already.)

The robot was from earlier in the week when we were trying out different motion tweens. Never got around to finishing it - I wanted to have the arms moving, and lots of other stuff, but we moved on to other things. Jim, one of my co-workers, looked over from his menacing-looking robot that ate ball bearings and said - "You live in a happy world, don't you..."

6 comments:

Piotr said...

I love Flash too.

Anonymous said...

I would like to learn Flash but I haven't the time... :(

Anonymous said...

maryn, you are magical!

jh

Tricky Trev said...

Interesting, interesting. Me likes what thou has doneth with Flash. I've just dove into the program at work. Maybe I can sneak some killer animations under my boss' nose? Your work has swayed me. Great job.

Unknown said...

That's a cool purple bunny!! Love his attitude!! HE ! HE!! ANd the robot is also V FUN!

Unknown said...

Maryn Roos....Excellent blog... I have allowed myself to put Link under an image yours in perejilpuntocom

Greetings (^-^)