Thursday, April 27, 2006

Egypt and China: Flash/Photoshop Mutation

Finally, got around to posting another tutorial. This is basically an extension of a previous tutorial I posted in January - just a bit more detail, and a bit more redundant rambling. But who knows, there might be something worthwhile in there.

Click on the images to go to EGYPT



or CHINA



I've been a little slow answering the emails lately, but please feel free to ask if you have any questions, I'll get back to you... uh... eventually!

7 comments:

Piotr said...

I thought I was the only pyscho illustrating in Flash, great job and thanks for sharing!

Mralebrije said...

very awesome work, i had a qestion,
i see the process but what diference are in doing it in flash and photoshop, than doit only in photoshop?

i been changin a little my kind of job check this link
www.fotolog.com/cuadrilatero
saludos desde mexico amiga

Anonymous said...

Excellent tutorials. The results you got here are stunning.
Good job!

Anonymous said...

Thanks folks!

Hola Alebrije! Hey, did you design the luchador costume? Very cool! That's pretty different from previous work. Will you be doing more of that?

I used Flash instead of doing everything in Photoshop, because it was faster and easier for me to draw the basics. I use those Flash lines how I would have normally used hand-drawn and scanned-in lines. I'm not a big fan of using the pen tool, but if someone is good at using it, then there's no reason to use Flash. I think it's just a personal preference thing. Hope that answered the question for you!

sammo said...

I love your tutorials!

Mralebrije said...

hello maryn, i had beside my illustration studio,a new bussines here in mexico (www.cuadrilatero.ws) is a kind of hobbie i design and make professional wrestling masks and customes, all teh mateiral you see in the link of the other post is material i design and make, its fun
saludos

Unknown said...

THese are AWESOME!! Especially love the China piece!