Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Illustration Friday: Song

"She's a little bit country....
He's a little bit rock 'n' roll"



So, a few years back I worked at Lucas. And once there, one cannot quite help but be sucked into the whole universe. So this picture was from my Star Wars obsession days. At work, we had always done Prequel stuff, so when it was my choice, I preferred the Original. This was just goofing off - having fun with the Disco theme. The first is Luke and Leia - à la Donny and Marie, natch!

Also did little sketches of Roller Derby King Chewbacca, Pimp Daddy Vader, Lando - who needs no enhancement to be Disco, and Han Solo - who simply doesn't *do* Disco.

Anyway, just silly little drawings I did a long time ago. Rough sketches scanned in with some simple photoshop color thrown in under the lines. Well, and sparkles on top. Gotta have the sparkles!

6 comments:

Piotr said...

Great use of each character's personality. What about their pimped up rides?

garth bruner said...

These made me laugh. Great characters, especially Darth.
Garth

Mike Thompson said...

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC...! Great image and simply FUN! FUN! FUN!

Akotan said...

Such style! Such colors! Groovie!

Craig Mackay said...

Definitely Roller Derby Chewie. I can't believe how much I want to see the actor in the fur suit dressed like that.

GuhgGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
(Chewie noise)

Anonymous said...

Hey I totally ripped your Chewie for my myspace. (I play roller derby as 'Chewblocka') I will cease and desist if you like, or at least give you credit now that I am feeling guilty ;). Obviously I think it is awesome.

Mail me @ chewblocka at gmail dot com.