Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Monkey Time



Hey! Two posts in a day! Since I apparently was sucked into a black hole for the month of August, I figure I should try to make up for it. Here's a quick little character I drew for a design meeting. My next game is all about the Tiki. It's gonna be fun. So naturally, gotta have a monkey in it.

I drew him in Flash, and then exported the solid shapes as .pngs. Once he was reassembled in Photoshop, I turned on the Preserve transparency, and did some quick shading using a dry brush sort of brush I made from one of the Spatter brushes. You just need to adjust the spacing and the angle jitter in the brush palette.

Unfortunately he didn't pass muster - "too young looking" - since it's a game for tweens. I'm not sure I quite agree, but I might tweak his face a little so he's not so "sweet."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the monkey- you created this? We are searching for a pic of a monkey to use on our Girl Scout hoodies... just for thr troop. Would you be interested in creating one for our troop?? I love this- a little more "hip" and the girls would go wild :) If interested you may email me directly at angelasmith@atensolutions.com to discuss further.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to use the monkey for a website. Can you contact me so we can discuss this?

boss-20 at orange.nl

Anonymous said...

Hi I would like to use this little monkey or something like it as a logo. Please contact me at cmsu2girl@yahoo.com

thanks!

Anonymous said...

can I use this image for t shirts in UK
email carolwebster906@hotmail.com

Kim said...

HI, what are your Terms Of Use for this image. I would like to use it in a digital scrapbook kit? Please let me know. Thanks...kbowut@gmail.com