Monday, July 17, 2006

Illustration Friday: Sacrifice



Um, okay, maybe a stretch for the theme, but look at the people willing to sacrifice all their monetary assets for the chance to have that really cool bike. Or maybe... it's the girl, sacrificing the possibility of having all that cash for the sake of loyalty to that crazy red bike. Or maybe it's all about the fountain pen the monocle guy is holding: giving up its lifeblood, its very ink, so the man can write a check.

But ultimately I think it's all about me: because I had to sacrifice some good sleeping time to get this done!

I've already posted some other pages from this same little book: What a Bike! I didn't explain much by way of a tutorial, but I illustrated The Crook Book in much the same way, if you're interested in tips and tricks.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!

mel said...

wow, love your figures! nice colors too :)

Zara said...

Great image!

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Well if it was about you then it was worth the lost sleep. Great work indeed

Kactiguy said...

Looks like the pande was sacrificed to make that little purse. Sure your pictures look nice, but I think you have a very dark side.

Unknown said...

Great great illustration. I really like how each different person in the illustration has clearly different personalities. Good job!

Franfou said...

very nice style !!

Unknown said...

One of the things I like most about your site is that you do give us hints and tips. It is really helpfull to see new ways of doing things sometimes.

Thanks,

Michelle

Craig Mackay said...

great stuff. Really enjoying your work.

Ellen said...

I like your sacrifice!